Please review our policies and procedures before registering for classes. By submitting your registration you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- To register for a group class, please contact us to inquire about beginning a new class or joining an existing class
- Group classes fees are on a pro-rated basis if you join a class mid-session
- Each level is divided into 2 sessions of 16 lessons x 90min each (e.g. A1.1 and A1.2)
- Once registration is submitted and confirmed by the school in writing, course fee is due (even before receiving the invoice)
- Withdrawal of your registration is possible up to one week before the course start with no charges
- Withdrawal of your registration within 1-6 days before the course start will result in 75% of course fees due, unless another student can be found to replace the loss. In any case 80 CHF will be invoiced for administrative costs.
Withdrawal the day of the course start, once the course has started, no-show or early termination will result in 100 % of course fee due.
- Absence of the student due to personal holidays, illness etc. cannot be compensated or made up for
- Lessons cancelled by the school (due to absence of the teacher), will be compensated for
- Private lessons last 60min, 90min or 120min
- Private students can start with a trial lesson before deciding to take a batch of lessons. The trial lesson is billed separately at the regular fee
- Private lessons have to be purchased in blocks (Abo) of at least 8 lessons (if you purchase a block of 32 lessons you will be given a discount of 5%)
- Semi-Private lessons have to be purchased in blocks of 8 lessons
- Private and Semi-Private Students must give 24 hours notice for class cancellation otherwise tuition fees will be forfeited. This also applies in cases of illness or emergency.
- To change the course time of a private lesson or semi-private lesson the student(s) must also give 24 hours notice
- To change the class time for a semi-private class, both students must agree on the change of appointment, i. e. the person who is unable to attend the arranged lesson is responsible for contacting their lesson partner and can only change the appointment free of charge with their agreement 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time. Should one or both parties fail to attend without cancelling the lesson in time (e. g. due to illness or holiday), it will be charged as a normal lesson.
- Validity of a package of 8 lessons is 12 weeks. Validity is extended if the teacher is sick or on holiday and no replacement option is given to the student.
- Validity can be extended on written request with a specific date of resumption to the school management but lessons are in any case forfeited if they are not claimed after a pause of 6 weeks.
- Private and Semi-Private students must give 24 hours notice for class cancellation otherwise tuition fees will be forfeited/ the lesson will be charged. This also applies in the case of illness or emergency.
- In case of class cancellation please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (also on weekends). Lessons cancelled directly with the teacher are not valid cancellations.
- Textbooks are not included in tuition fees
- Students are not entitled to any refunds or suspension of payment by early termination or withrawal of the course by the student
- The management of the school may, only under very exceptional and unforeseen circumstances, be prepared to allow previously made payments to be credited towards another course
- Roth Language Atelier is not obliged to inform students when their course end date is approaching. It is the responsibility of the student to note the course end date or booking validity as stated on the relevant documentation or invoice